(Not on the) First Date

Chronicling my first dates, working from the beginning of time to the present day. Every word you read is (possibly) true.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Farm Boy


Date: May 14, 1977
How we met: Met him while on a hunt for womprats during hunting season 3 years ago
Previous flirtations: We always hung out together on the hunting trips (because travelling in numbers scares the Tuskan Raiders). After this season's hunt, he asked me out and we agreed to meet at my favorite pub, Toche Station. Me, being someone who can hardly resist a man who hunts Womprats the way he does, said yes.
What we did: Met him at Toche Station for drinks. Had a very nice time. I could tell though that he was very sheltered and didn't go away from his Aunt and Uncle very often. He told me that his parents had been killed during or immediately following the Clone Wars.

Spoke about wanting to leave this desolate place and trying to find a place fighting with the Rebellion. His best friend Biggs (who was like an older brother to him) left last season for the Academy and farm Boy hoped he could go soon too, but he knew how much of a hard case his uncle was and knew it would be very difficult.

After drinks, I asked him if he wanted to come back to my place for some pizza and some kinda dessert, but he told me that he had to rush back home to be up early in the morning to help his uncle choose some new droids to buy from the local Jawas.

Nickname: Farm Boy
FDS: 4 out of 10
How long it lasted: 1 date. I actually agreed to a second date for the following night because I saw some kinda spark in him, like a balance in the universe. Unfortunately, he never showed up the next night like he promised. I subsequently got a message from him 5 months later apologising for standing me up. Apparently, he claimed, that his aunt and uncle were killed and he had to leave the planet quickly in order to not get caught by the authorities. A likely story, my ass. It's amazing what kinda stories guys can make up instaed of just saying they aren't interested.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous D.V. said...

Maybe he didn't show up because he uncovered that the two of you were somehow related, Princess.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger blueenclave said...

I forlornly suggest Captain Archer for a future installment. ("Enterprise")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home